from the pinoy roadies forum:
the Tour of the Fireflies (ToF) is an annual 50-km bicycle ride through seven cities to promote the use of the bicycle as an alternative means of transportation that is cheap, efficient, environmentally sensible and good for one’s health.
This year, synchronized bicycle rides in Cagayan de Oro, Bacolod, Baguio, and Tarlac are being organized by supporters to drum up more support for sustainable transportation and livable communities.
When: April 20, 2008, SUNDAY; Early registration starts at 5.30 am
Start: 7.00 am
End: 12.00 nn – Short awarding ceremonies follow
Where: in manila, the tour Starts and end at Tiendesitas, Pasig
The colorful mardi gras on wheels for clean air will go through through the cities of: Pasig, Mandaluyong, Makati, Pasay, Manila, Quezon City, Marikina.
php 50 peso donation serves as registration fee
php 200 reg fee w/ Tour Shirt
php 350 reg fee w/ Jersey
php 500 reg fee w/ Tour Shirt & Jersey
Kindly bring your registration stub on April 20 to make you eligible for Tour Day Fun Raffle and Surprises!
PRE-Registration: April 1-12, Saturday, 5 pm (Pre-registration in Bike Shops listed below)
On-site PRE-Registration: April 19, Saturday, 10 am – 4 pm at TIENDESITAS
On-site Registration: April 20, Saturday, 5:30 am – 7 am at TIENDESITAS
Note: Children below 13 should be accompanied by an adult.
10th Tour of the Fireflies Registration Form is available online at the firefly brigade site.
- All Terra – Club 650, E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue, Libis, QC – Tel. 638-2075
- Bike Town Cyclery – 2240 Chino Roces Avenue, Makati – Tel. 387-2173
- Bombproof Gear – 3rd Level, West Lane, Robinson’s Galleria, Pasig – Tel. 634-1760
- Cycle Shack – SM Megamall, Lower Ground Floor, Mandaluyong – Tel. 687-4504
- Cycle Shack – SM SouthMall, Lower Ground Floor, Las Piñas – Tel. 802-1769
- Dirt Dawg Bike Shop – 13 Visayas Avenue, VASRA, QC – Tel. 928-0962
- Extreme Bike Shop – 88 Panay Avenue, South Triangle, QC – Tel. 373-7100
- Gran Trails – 401-B West Gate, Filinvest, Alabang, Muntinlupa – Tel. 772-1225
- Joven – Amang Rodriguez Avenue, Santolan, Pasig – Tel. 645-6029
- King’s Bike Shop – 622 Quezon Boulevard, Quiapo, Manila – Tel. 734-0052/734-0069
- Newton Multi-Sales – 689 Del Monte Avenue, QC – Tel.731-4495
- Power Bikes – 38 Rockwell Drive, Makati City – Tel. 898-0377/898-1536
- Ross Cycle Center – 2195 Leveriza Street, Cartimar, Pasay – Tel. 832-7478
- Speedy Bagal Bikes – 21 Kamias Road, QC – Tel. 0920-9115872
- BrightMinds Tutorial Center – 169 Kamias Road, QC – Tel.922-5616
Organizers: Firefly Brigade and the Department of Environment and Natural Resources in cooperation with Tiendesitas, MMDA, Philippine National Police and the Local Government Units of participating cities
Co-presented by: Firefly Lighting
Major Sponsor: Spyder Optics
Media Partners: Philippine Daily Inquirer, Men’s Health Magazine, THE RADIO PARTNERS, Ad Farm Audio Productions, Campaigns Social Response, 99.5 HIT FM, MAXFM 103.5, WAVE 89.1, JAM 88.3,
Also supported by: 7-eleven, Ericsson, Deuter, Aktivade, Julie’s Bakeshop Nueve de Pebrero, Unilever, Targa Communications and Aeromed